The staff at the All-Ohio Cross Country Camp are a highly motivated, well trained staff with a wide range of experiences to relate to the individual needs and levels of all runners.
The camp is headed by Jeff Henderson of the Fleet Feet Sports Columbus. Jeff has over 20 years experience in running and coaching. His passion for motivating and inspiring runners has driven them to develop this camp for high school student-athletes.
Camp Director – Dominick Mazza – Dominick has been a high school track & field coach for over 10 years, coaching numerous individual and relay state champions. In 2017, his boys team from Thomas Worthington High School took the team title. Dominick competed in track & field at Otterbein University.
Camp counselors are student-athletes from universities and colleges from across Ohio. Counselors will guide and support campers throughout the week. Camp counselors have years of competitive experience and will be able to share their experiences with college recruiting and what it is like to balance training and competition with college life. If you’ve ever attended a camp growing up you know how much an impact counselors can have, and we will have the best of the bunch!
Past Camp Speakers
The All-Ohio Cross Country Camp has reached out to the best and brightest running minds in the country to provide a camp experience that is second to none. Past speakers for the All-Ohio Cross Country Camp include:
- Dick Beardsley – Dick Beardsley is an American long-distance runner best known for tying for first place with Inge Simonsen in the inaugural 1981 London Marathon and his close finish with Alberto Salazar in the 1982 Boston Marathon.
- Dr. Darrin Bright – Medical Director of OhioHealth’ Runners Clinic, The Columbus Marathon and Capital City Half Marathon. No.1 ranked doctor in central Ohio for sports medicine in the 10TV and Columbus Dispatch’s “Docs Rate Docs” survey.
- Emma Coburn – 2017 IAAF World Championships Gold Medal Winner in the Steeplechase. Bronze medal winner at 2016 Olympics. Two-time Olympian. American Record Holder in the 3000m Steeplechase. six-time USATF champion.
- Laura Comtois – Fit For Life Physical Therapy
- Mark Croghan – Graduated from The Ohio State University. Mark is a three-time Olympian and a four-time USA outdoor champion. Mark is now the head cross country and track coach at Kent State University.
- Dr. Steven Devor – Ohio State University professor of exercise physiology.
- Dara Ford – – Head XC & Track Coach at Otterbein University
- Jason Maus – Head XC & Track Coach at the Ohio Northern University
- Marie Miller – 614 Fitness
- Linh Nguyen – Head XC & Track Coach at the University of Toledo
- Victor Ornelas – Graduated from UNC Chapel Hill where he competed as a Division I student-athlete. BA in Exercise and Sports Science.
- Emily Richards – Ohio Northern University. Four-time NCAA champion.
- Joe Simko, PT – Fit For Life Physical Therapy
- Saucony & New Balance Athletes – Each year we are joined by some of the best athletes in the world. Saucony & New Balance are committed to bringing athletes with inspiring stories to camp.