Hello parents, campers and coaches!
Camp is almost here! In just over under weeks we’ll be seeing you at Denison University for a week of running you won’t soon forget! Whether this is your first year at camp or fourth year at camp we assure you we have a week you’ll be talking about all season! Over the next couple of weeks watch for follow-up e-mails where we’ll reveal more exciting news about what you can expect at this year’s camp!
Before we go on, it wouldn’t be appropriate to do so without showing last year’s highlight video. Check it out, then come back to find out all about this year’s awesomeness
Our Keynote Speaker!
Bart Yasso, the “mayor of running”, is Runner’s World‘s Chief Running Officer. Yasso joined Runner’s World in 1987 to develop the groundbreaking Runner’s World Race Sponsorship Program, creating a vehicle for Runner’s World to work with over 7,000 races representing 4 million runners per year. Inducted into the Running USA Hall of Champions. Bart will be our keynote speaker Wednesday Afternoon at camp. Bart will also be speaking at our Fleet Feet + FrontRunner stores on Wednesday evening if parents want an opportunity to meet Bart! Click here for more info on those events!
The Camp Details…
Denison University is primed and ready to serve as amazing host for our camp! We have miles of beautiful trail to run on, and amazing track facility, along with all the other resources from the university! Campers are sure to have a great time. They will learn a lot, log some great miles, meet new friends, and have an amazing experience!
Documents needed for camp – See attachments
- Camp Agenda – Note that agenda is subject to change in the event of weather, but we have alternative activities planned for such an event.
- Emergency Contact Form – Please bring this with you to camp. We know you filled all this out online, but we like to have a back up 😉
- Campus Map – This will help you find us, and ensure you know where you are going during camp. If all else fails, follow all the other runners!
100 West College Street
Granville, Ohio 43023
Check In for camp begins at 11am on the 22nd and ends at 2pm. Check in is located at the MITCHELL CENTER. At check in please bring the remaining balance for camp. ($175 or $155 for teams bring 7 or more campers)
Check out for camp is at 12pm on the 26th. All campers must be picked up at noon on the 28th. Check out is located at the Quad Lawn.
RunningRunners are grouped according to their fitness level and experience. The distance of the runs and the tempo of the runs are also grouped according to fitness level.
* Sports Psychology
* Cross Training
* Injury Prevention
* Proper Running Technique
* Race Tactics
* Goal Setting
* Academic Preparation for College
The fun schedule of recreational activities include:
* Whiffle ball
* Swimming Pool
* Kick ball
* Ultimate Frisbee
* Movie Night at the Track
* Outdoor and Indoor Track Facilities
* Swimming Pool
* Camp Lounge with Billiards, Ping Pong
* Miles and miles of soft running trails
* Grassy Fields
Housing and Meals
Hosting camp at Denison University allows campers to experience a taste of life on a college campus in a safe, structured environment. Denison University is settled on top of the hills in Granville, a small, eclectic Ohio town. Campers will be served three great meals a day (all you can eat) and share a living area. Meals are prepared daily by an outstanding cook staff that focuses on nutritious meals. Gluten-free options are available at the cafeteria, but we do advise campers bring their own additional snacks. Campers will be housed in the Denison University dormitories, which host a majority of the students that attend the University during the academic year. Each camper will have a bed, which may be a bunk bed or portable roll away bed (we do house campers on the same team in the closed-off common rooms also).
What To Bring
The staff at All-Ohio Cross Country Camp has compiled the following list of items that you may want to bring with you for use during your stay:
- Remaining balance for camp. ($175 or $155 for teams bring 7 or more campers)
- ATTACHED, COMPLETED EMERGENCY CONTACT FORM!
- LINENS ARE PROVIDED!
- Running clothes and shoes
- Casual clothes and swimsuit
- Personal items (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Snacks to refuel after workouts and fuel you between meals.
- Paper and pencil
- Spending money for sodas, t-shirts, pizza, camp store, etc. Saucony and New Balance will be on-site great deals on their training shoes and competition spikes!
- Fans. The dorms are not air conditioned.
Camp Store – 25% off trainers and spikes!
Saucony and New Balance will be on-site all week with great deals on their training shoes and competition spikes! We offer discounts of 25% off trainers and spikes while at camp. On Sunday we will have a full selection of trainers and spikes from all of our top brands including Asics, Brooks, Hoka, Adidas, Nike, and of course our sponsors from Saucony and New Balance! We have some pretty amazing 3D foot scanning technology we can’t wait to tell you about in the next e-mail!
Camp counselors are student-athletes from universities and colleges from across Ohio. Counselors will guide and support campers throughout the week. Camp counselors have years of competitive experience and will be able to share their experiences with college recruiting and what it is like to balance training and competition with college life. If you’ve ever attended a camp growing up you know how much an impact counselors can have, and we will have the best of the bunch!
The All-Ohio Cross Country Camp has reached out to the best and brightest running minds in the country to provide a camp experience that is second to none. Speakers for the 2018 All-Ohio Cross Country Camp include:
- Bart Yasso – the “mayor of running”, is Runner’s World‘s Chief Running Officer.
- Sterling Roberts – Eastern Michigan University Track Coach
- Joe Simko – Physical Therapist for Fit for Life Physical Therapy at Fleet Feet + FrontRunner
- Andy Lang – Physical Therapist for Fit for Life Physical Therapy at Fleet Feet + FrontRunner
- Top-Secret New Balance Athlete! We are so excited for this, but we are going to make you wait until camp to find out who it is!
Stay tuned for follow-up e-mails between now and camp with more exciting news about what you can expect while at camp! We are excited to get your off and running towards and epic season!
Be sure to follow @ohioxccamp on Instagram to keep up with the camp shenanigans!
See you at camp!
Jeff, Dom and the All-Ohio XC Camp Staff & Counselors
Spike Night Social!
Join us at our Lewis Center location. Saucony, New Balance, Hoka, Brooks, Nike, and Adidas will be on hand with freebies just for showing up! We will be raffling off 10 free entries to the 2018 All-Ohio XC Camp! We will also have pizza and other goodies for you. All training shoes and spikes are 20% off and your team will receive a $10 donation for any training shoe purchases. Join us at either or both of our Spike Night Socials as listed below!
- Thursday, August 9th – 6:30pm-8:00pm – 1270 E Powell Rd, Lewis Center, OH 43035
FREE SUMMER OF XC MEET